6" x 5/8"-11 Threaded Ceramic High Density Flap Disc Conical | 120 Grit T29 | LVA CFCTS60J120CP
Ceramic Alumina Flap Disc Grinding Wheels. These flap discs are manufactured using premium VSM Ceramic cloth. The VSM material is superior due to its uniform particle size and premium blend of ingredients. These discs exceed other flap discs by packing 25 to 50% more abrasives on each snippet. In addition, all discs are manufactured on computer controlled machines and subject to numerous tests which ensure high quality and greater safety. The new ceramic grain technology is the latest development in abrasive technology in the metalworking industry. The retail price for a pack of 10 discs is $99.99.
Primary Advantages of Ceramic Flap Discs
- Ceramic Flap Discs out perform traditional zirconia flap discs by 50% on stainless steel, carbon steel allots and exotic metals.
- Ceramic Flap Discs require less pressure for excessive stock removal.
- Ceramic Flap Discs last longer and reduce downtime for disc change over.
- Ceramic Flap Discs come in a red color for high visibility
- Ceramic Flap Discs have self sharpening grains which result in a consistent finish throughout the life of the disc.
- Ceramic Flap Discs run cooler than zirconia and aluminum oxide flap discs reducing heat build up.
- Ceramic Flap Discs reduce work hardening on heat-sensitive materials
Primary Advantages of Flap Discs
- Flap discs grind and finish at the same time, saving both time and money.
- Flap discs remove material aggressively. Its removal power is equal to depressed cool center wheel but it works safer and offers a better finished surface.
- Flap discs have a lightweight design to reduce operator fatigue.
- Flap discs are easy to use and requires very little surface pressure. Its especially cool cutting permits light contouring and avoids burning work-pieces by overheating.
- Flap discs last up to 30 times longer than conventional fiber discs due to their overlapping flap construction.
- Flap discs assure consistent performance as new particles are continually exposed during the life of the product.
- Flap discs, due to their tough construction, allows for aggressive edge grinding.
- Flap discs in conical shape enables the fullest contact between work-piece and disc surface.