4.5" x 5/8-11" Ceramic Threaded Trimmable Flap Disc Type 27 Flat | 60 Grit T27 | LVA CFFAT45S060CP
These flap discs are manufactured using premium VSM Ceramic cloth. The VSM material is superior due to its uniform particle size, aggressive cut and premium blend of ingredients. The VSM Ceramic abrasive grain material is adhered with a special resin bond to a poly / cotton backing. The resin bond and poly / cotton back allows the flap discs to achieve maximum cutting capacity, strong edge strength and long lasting life by providing a low stretch, high strength material and for the incredibly high concentrations of ceramic alumina abrasive grains. In addition, all discs are manufactured on German-built computer controlled machines and subject to numerous performance and safety tests which ensure high quality and greater safety. By buying through Lehigh Valley Abrasives, you get factory direct pricing on all of our branded flap discs. You will not find a better performing flap disc on the market. We guarantee our flap discs will perform as well as other, more expensive products, because they are made to the same standards, on the same machines and with the same materials. So why do they charge so much?
Primary Advantages Threaded Trimmable Flap Discs
- Trimmable backing allows for all of the abrasive flaps material to be used on the disc.
- Composite backing with 5/8-11 Integral Thread, eliminates the need for flange nut.
- Longer disc life, more rigid backing, quick disc change-over.
Primary Advantages of Ceramic Flap Discs
- Ceramic Flap Discs out perform traditional zirconia flap discs by 50% on stainless steel, carbon steel allots and exotic metals.
- Ceramic Flap Discs require less pressure for excessive stock removal.
- Ceramic Flap Discs last longer and reduce downtime for disc change over.
- Ceramic Flap Discs come in a red color for high visibility
- Ceramic Flap Discs have self sharpening grains which result in a consistent finish throughout the life of the disc.
- Ceramic Flap Discs run cooler than zirconia and aluminum oxide flap discs reducing heat build up.
- Ceramic Flap Discs reduce work hardening on heat-sensitive materials
Primary Advantages of Flap Discs
- Flap discs grind and finish at the same time, saving both time and money.
- Flap discs remove material aggressively. Its removal power is equal to depressed cool center wheel but it works safer and offers a better finished surface.
- Flap discs have a lightweight design to reduce operator fatigue.
- Flap discs are easy to use and requires very little surface pressure. Its especially cool cutting permits light contouring and avoids burning work-pieces by overheating.
- Flap discs last up to 30 times longer than conventional fiber discs due to their overlapping flap construction.
- Flap discs assure consistent performance as new particles are continually exposed during the life of the product.
- Flap discs, due to their tough construction, allows for aggressive edge grinding.
- Flap discs in conical shape enables the fullest contact between work-piece and disc surface.
We are a broad line supplier of abrasives, metalworking, maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) products for industrial customers. We support the manufacturing sector through many industries including: aerospace, agriculture, automotive, casting & foundries, defense, electronics, energy, furniture, medical, metalworking and plastics / composites. Please call (908)-892-2865 or e-mail email@example.com for any questions, or if you need an item you do not see on our website.